The salt scrub for your hair

February 21, 2016


I've been using cleansing shampoos since I was in primary school and needed something to remove the chlorine build up from daily swimming lessons. Though my hair rarely sees a swimming pool nowadays, I still reach for a purifying shampoo once a week to remove product and oil build up. In recent months however, I've felt that though the shampoo was stripping my hair, my scalp was left feeling dry and itchy.

On a hunt to find something more gentle that still removed buildup, I came across Christophe Robin's cleansing purifying scrub with sea salt. This is a really thick scrub that when massaged into the scalp and hair not only serves as a detox giving it a really thorough clean, but it also helps to rebalance oils and hydrate the scalp. From the very first use I noticed a difference as my scalp felt soothed and my fine hair had more bounce and volume. Though salt can be quite drying, by using a rich conditioner on the ends and only using the scrub once a week, I haven't experience any adverse effects and in fact, my hair feels softer and smoother than ever.

Though the scrub unfortunately comes with quite a high price tag, a little goes a really long way so it's not something that I envisage having to repurchase too often. Considering how long a tub lasts and how much it's helped my hair and scalp, I think it's worth every penny.

Have you tried the Christophe Robin scrub or anything similar?



You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. I really want to try this out now - your blog post has persuaded me haha! I have never used a type of product like this so it will be interesting :)

    Kathy xx
    www.alongcamekathy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. quite tempted to try this out now as I'm currently looking for different hair washes! :)

    Heather x heathermaisie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely worth a go for something different :) x

      Delete
  3. This salt scrub looks wonderful! Thank you for this post :)

    http://littlemisscamellia.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the sounds of this, must give a try sometime!

    adelelydia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment.
I read and appreciate every single one ♥