The Newbies

January 22, 2014


A recent Sunday stroll around the shops led to an unexpected small splurge in Space NK - why I ever think I can enter that store and leave empty handed i'll never know. The Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powders have been around for quite a while now, though after initially finding them sold out everywhere, the urge to own one eventually died out. That was until I came across them again recently and after a bit of swatching (okay, okay, a good 20 minutes was spend deliberating) I left as the proud owner of my very own Hourglass powder. I wasn't sure if this powder could live up to the endless hype that appeared after it's release but, I have to admit that it is quite possibly the nicest pressed powder I've ever come across. I chose Ethereal Light as an all over setting powder that would perfect and mattify the skin without looking at all heavy or 'cakey' - and that's pretty much what I got. The finely milled powder is so lightweight it's virtually undetectable, yet it also manages to keep shine at bay without dulling the skin. 

I also couldn't resist picking up the Laura Mercier Second Skin Cheek Colour in Lotus Pink. I have a bit of a soft spot for blush (probably something to do with it being pink and pretty), so when I spotted this pink toned coral, I just couldn't leave the store without it. The texture is gorgeous and it contains just the right amount of pigment to make application easy and almost fool proof, even if your a bit heavy handed! There is a slight layer of shimmer running though it but once on the skin it translates into more of a healthy glow. I've been obsessed with it since I brought it home, so it's no surprise that it's been gracing my cheeks daily.

The Diptyque fragrance in Philosykos is actually something I purchased back in December from the online sale. I'd been eyeing this up for a while, so when I spotted it at half price (I believe it's because it's in the old square bottle) I didn't hesitate for even a second before adding it to my basket and processing my order. I'm pretty fussy when it comes to perfume, but I love everything about this one. It's quite light and fresh, yet strong enough to linger on the skin for hours. There's also no residual 'perfumey' smell left over once the main scent has worn off  like many other perfumes I've tried.. or am I the only one who notices that?!

Are you a fan of Space NK? What have you been buying recently?

You Might Also Like

10 comments

  1. Oooo I have such a lusting for the ambient lighting powders but OH THE PRICE.

    Georgina at itotallypaused.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot how much I wanted this powder until I stumbled across this post..definately going back on my wishlist! Lovely post, now following your blog :)

    500daysoffashion.blogspot.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a soft spot for blush too. I like that they add a flush of color - and hence youth. This one is pretty. Like the pink.
    Beauty Fashion Skin Care Blog -Girlie Blog Seattle | Casual Chic Style

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a little jealous about the Hourglass powder, I've heard so many good things about it. I'd love to see a review on your thoughts xxx

    Verity | Life of Verity

    ReplyDelete
  5. After you try Ethereal Light, you should totally go for Dim Light; I will never be able to describe the effect it has on you because it's just enchanting.

    littleshybird.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm off to Selfridges to night to get a Laura Mercier blush, will definitely have to swatch this one it looks gorge!

    Lottie x

    http://lottiekerr.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never bought anything from space nk before but you got some great items! I recently purchased a clarins facial oil online and can't wait for it to arrive.

    katespitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely photos :) I really need to get my hands on an ambient lighting powder, they look so lovely. Thanks for the post laura!

    Ellie
    http://elsie-bells.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're not alone with a soft spot to pink blushes, they are too hard to resist. x

    Abbie from Dainty Little Dreams

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh, I always thought pressed powder was something I could go cheap on, but you've really made me want to try that! My purse is very angry.
    Notes from Number 47

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment.
I read and appreciate every single one ♥