♡ Nail Basics

April 23, 2013


I'm not really sure why its taken me so long to invest in a good nail base and top coat, (i'm desperately searching for an answer that isn't laziness...), but now that I have there's definitely no going back.

 Most of the brands i've tried before have been so bad that I often skipped wearing any base or top coat at all. As a result I would find that my nail varnish would only last two days (maximum) before looking pretty darn awful. That's where the CND stickey anchoring base coat and Seche Vite top coat have become life (or perhaps more appropriately, nail polish) saviors.


The CND base coat is designed to anchor colour to the nail which not only prevents nail polish from chipping, but has also helped to improve the condition of my nails as i've noticed they have been peeling and splitting less. As the Seche Vite top coat is fast drying this has also made painting my nails a much less stressful experience as i'm rather impatient and always manage to smudge at least two nails before it's dry. The glossy finish of the top coat is also something that i've longed for, for a very long time.


When used together I find these two little products really work wonders. My nail varnish now lasts around 4 days before the chipping gets noticeably bad. Compared to 1 or 2 days wear without these polishes, 4 days is a huge improvement and makes painting my nails a much more enjoyable experience as I know it will last longer than 24 hours! (It's probably best to mention that I am particularly 'hard' on my nails so wear time may be even longer on others).


The CND stickey base coat is available from cult beauty for £8.95 and Seche Vite top coat for £9.00 from Boots.








You Might Also Like

17 comments

  1. Thank you for your recommendations! I am also very hard on my nails and the 2 in 1 base/top coat that I have right now, I really don't like either! Please often talk about what nail polish colors they like but not the basic base and top coat!

    http://ahemitsemme.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. definitely going to try the CND base coat,sounds perfect! i couldn't live without my seche vite now,love it :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Knowing IS have the battle. Thank you so much for the posting, definitley going to try the CND base coat!

    www.healthybeautifulyou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't paint my nails without my seche vite, it's one of my holy grail products and one that I recommend to everyone :)
    http://wwwclairabelle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have such beautiful photography!! I reaaaaally need to try Seche Vite, I use Sally Hansen at the minute xxx
    Gemma ♥ | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seche Vite Top Coat is my favorite ever!! I love the glossiness it brings to my nails!!
    xx

    http://the-astyle.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a top coat that is pretty awful, there's no point in using it. I'm just better off doing two coats of nail polish instead of one but this sounds really good. Like yours, my nail polish starts chipping and looking really untidy after about two days. Definitely looking into this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never used Seche vite top coat. But I use first base as a base coat and good to go for a top coat. They are from the brand essie.
    I'm also using Mavala scientifique to harden my nails. It works very well !

    ReplyDelete
  9. I could really do with some of this, I always use a Sally Hansen top coat and to be fair this sound a lot better, especially as its fast drying!

    Grace x
    http://grace-gibson.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really nice color :)

    Warm regards

    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  11. Seche Vite is the bees knees! haha I love that stuff!! :)

    Have a Wonderful Wednesday!
    xoxo
    Crystal

    My Blog, Crystal Chizoba
    My YouTube Channel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And thanks for stopping by! haha I was so excited about Seche Vite that I forgot to add that as well :)

      Delete
  12. I need to buy nail basic also.. And now I'm thinking about buying this one ;)

    You have an amazing blog. Maybe you want to follow each other?

    www.izabielaa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. nice blog post !
    please check out my blog if you have time !
    www.thestylefile0.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really want to get my hands on the top coat and that base sounds amazing, especially as it has improved your nails!

    A little bit Unique - Blog // Please vote for me in the Company blog awards, best fashion - newcomer

    x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I literally cannot live without Seche Vite now. Did you know you can get it on eBay for around £6 :)
    Rosie x | Every Word Handwritten

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment.
I read and appreciate every single one ♥